Link building has been around for eons as a highly effective content marketing tool employed by businesses of all sizes and scale. No internet marketing strategy is completely effective without a robust back-link network achieved through high-quality guest posts on popular and successful websites that have a large fan following.
If you have been DYing digital marketing for your startup but have not seen desired results, you are likely not taking full advantage of the remarkable marketing tools available out there. This could be due to lack of knowledge or simply because you don’t have the time or human resources to execute a full-fledged digital campaign.
Whether you’ve never heard of link building or have tried your hand at it before, here are 10 foolproof strategies that you need to start using as soon as you’re done reading this article.
- Focus on building links locally, that is, find local trade directories and niche blogs and sites that specialize in your line of work. Some examples include local e-newspapers, review sites such as Angie’s List or Yelp, and popular industry blogs that cater to the local population. This will help ensure that your content reaches your intended audience through the local channels they are already using.
- Tie up with local businesses to earn genuine mentions that link back to your site. For instance, if you’re a natural beauty products brand, build a network with salons and beauty blogs, offer to collaborate, and secure backlinks in exchange for reviews, guest posts, interviews, and so on.
- Organize or sponsor events and get involved with the local community to gain traction for your business. How will this get you backlinks? When your local charity/community/social event is covered online, it will help boost the brand image for your business.
- Link building is indeed a tedious and time-consuming process, so if you’d rather delegate than be the jack of all trades, outsource the job to a professional service. It will help you get desired results through a targeted approach rather than trial and error. Work with a digital agency that follows white hat link building strategies so that you’ll know your online marketing campaign is ethical, foolproof and reliable.
- If you run a small business or a startup, you must have a great website along with an integrated blog to publish high-quality informative content. Use the space to publish meaningful content that your audiences would love to share, thereby widening the reach of your site.
- Review products on your blog and on other authority websites that accept guest posts. For instance, if you own a local baking business, review baking ingredients, tools and appliances on your site to gain traction.
If you decide to outsource, hire a full-service agency to get the benefit of the complete package of internet marketing tools, customized for your industry niche. Take for example submitcore’s guest post packages, which are affordable, effective and customized to suit the content needs of small businesses and startups across industries.